Between 2019-06-21 and 2019-07-01, the 4MOST project visited the Paranal Observatory. The overall purpose of this mission was to verify the VISTA telescope interfaces, to hone the AIV plan, and to discuss technical issues with the relevant Paranal staff. The mission was quite successful, and all the items on the list could be checked off. The team, consisting of Jeff, Marco and Christophe from ESO, Michael from MPIA, and Steffen, Allar, and Joar from the AIP were able to witness the removal of the VISTA primary and secondary mirrors for re-coating. To this end the telescope top end plus VIRCAM with its cable de-rotator had to be removed, which allowed us to access all relevant interfaces and to make laser tracker measurements. In addition, the HRS and LRS interfaces were inspected and surveyed. We were able to present 4MOST and discuss the project with several Paranal staff members. Special thanks to Jeff and Christophe for their great support before and during the visit!
Register AccountIn order to register please go to the registration page. At this point, only consortium members are eligible for an account.
- 4MOST Mid-Term Reviews – next chapter 2019-10-29
- 4MOST All Hands Meeting 2019 2019-09-27
- LRS Mid-Term Review 2019-07-19
- 4MOST team on Paranal 2019-07-05
- 4MOST Detector System Local Acceptance Review 2019-05-17
- Successful 4MOST community workshop 2019-05-10
- WFC lenses inspected 2019-03-20
- New appointments in the 4MOST organisation 2019-03-12
- Final Design Review – Part 2 2019-03-10
- 4MOST issue of The Messenger 2019-03-06