On 27 April 2020, Scott Smedley reported that the AESOP fibre positioner reached a significant milestone. All 2,448 spines were installed in their final configuration. Almost the entire AESOP team (comprising 24 people) were involved in the assembly and testing of spine modules. All 28 spine modules successfully passed their unit tests. System testing will commence once all four electronics cabinets are fully assembled and integrated with AESOP.
Register AccountIn order to register please go to the registration page. At this point, only consortium members are eligible for an account.
- 9-14 Jul 2020: 2nd 4MOST Community Workshop
- 5-9 Oct 2020: 4MOST All Hands Meeting 2020
- Workshop announcement: Planning for 4MOST – toward the 4MOST survey programme 2020-05-19
- Fibre positioner integration 2020-04-28
- Consortium proposals submitted to ESO 2020-02-28
- Delivery of LRS-A cameras and collimator 2020-02-11
- First HRS camera delivered 2020-01-29
- Call for Letters of Intent for Public Surveys with 4MOST 2019-11-26
- 4MOST Mid-Term Reviews – next chapter 2019-10-29
- 4MOST All Hands Meeting 2019 2019-09-27
- LRS Mid-Term Review 2019-07-19
- 4MOST team on Paranal 2019-07-05