On 21-22 October 2019 the Project Office (Brynnel, Giannone, Bellido, Frey, de Jong and Cesarini) visited the Landesternwarte (LSW) in Heidelberg to meet with the High Resolution Spectrograph (HRS) team for the project-internal Mid-Term Review (MTR). In addition to feeling the pulse of the work package, we visited the just completed new LSW integration hall. This impressive facility was built for the integration of HRS. In parallel, opto-mechanical units are integrated and tested in the adjacent optics clean room. The review itself went very well, and the Project Office left LSW with a very good impression. We noted that, just like for the LRS, the HRS schedule is heavily dependent on deliveries from optics manufacturers. Other than this no concerns were raised, and we are looking forward to the Local Acceptance Review scheduled for November 2020.
Register AccountIn order to register please go to the registration page. At this point, only consortium members are eligible for an account.
- New top-level schedule 2020-09-16
- Successful second 4MOST community workshop 2020-07-14
- Introducing the new Operations Scientist 2020-07-10
- Workshop announcement: Planning for 4MOST – toward the 4MOST survey programme 2020-05-19
- Fibre positioner integration 2020-04-28
- Consortium proposals submitted to ESO 2020-02-28
- Delivery of LRS-A cameras and collimator 2020-02-11
- First HRS camera delivered 2020-01-29
- Call for Letters of Intent for Public Surveys with 4MOST 2019-11-26
- 4MOST Mid-Term Reviews – next chapter 2019-10-29