Joar Brynnel reports that on 21 February 2019, 4MOST engineering staff from the Georg-August-Universität in Göttingen verified and accepted the support structures for the two low-resolution spectrographs (LRS) at the manufacturer Windelband. In the photo below you can see Heiko Anwand using a laser tracker to verify dimensions with high accuracy and Katja Hauptner holding the retro. The support structures will now be sent for painting. Two of the three supports will then be sent to CRAL for LRS integration activities, and the third structure will be sent to ESO Chile for interface verification on the VISTA telescope.
Register AccountIn order to register please go to the registration page. At this point, only consortium members are eligible for an account.
- Successful second 4MOST community workshop 2020-07-14
- Introducing the new Operations Scientist 2020-07-10
- Workshop announcement: Planning for 4MOST – toward the 4MOST survey programme 2020-05-19
- Fibre positioner integration 2020-04-28
- Consortium proposals submitted to ESO 2020-02-28
- Delivery of LRS-A cameras and collimator 2020-02-11
- First HRS camera delivered 2020-01-29
- Call for Letters of Intent for Public Surveys with 4MOST 2019-11-26
- 4MOST Mid-Term Reviews – next chapter 2019-10-29
- 4MOST All Hands Meeting 2019 2019-09-27