Joar Brynnel reports that on 21 February 2019, 4MOST engineering staff from the Georg-August-Universität in Göttingen verified and accepted the support structures for the two low-resolution spectrographs (LRS) at the manufacturer Windelband. In the photo below you can see Heiko Anwand using a laser tracker to verify dimensions with high accuracy and Katja Hauptner holding the retro. The support structures will now be sent for painting. Two of the three supports will then be sent to CRAL for LRS integration activities, and the third structure will be sent to ESO Chile for interface verification on the VISTA telescope.
Register AccountIn order to register please go to the registration page. At this point, only consortium members are eligible for an account.
- 4MOST Mid-Term Reviews – next chapter 2019-10-29
- 4MOST All Hands Meeting 2019 2019-09-27
- LRS Mid-Term Review 2019-07-19
- 4MOST team on Paranal 2019-07-05
- 4MOST Detector System Local Acceptance Review 2019-05-17
- Successful 4MOST community workshop 2019-05-10
- WFC lenses inspected 2019-03-20
- New appointments in the 4MOST organisation 2019-03-12
- Final Design Review – Part 2 2019-03-10
- 4MOST issue of The Messenger 2019-03-06